To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, May 01, 2006

What comes around

I wrote a few posts back about an awesome fishing outing (7 of the buggers). Well the wheel has turned and my last outing with Graham was quite different. In fact I lost the coveted Fishing Trophy and went down 1 to 5.
The fish we are targetting on these trips are Carp, a pest to some but good fun to others. In my experience Carp have the following qualities, they are relatively easy to catch, they are great fun to land and they have sometimes subtle bites at the bait.
I would suggest that the policy of strike early and often can be applied. But like most things with fishing it would seem to me that this is tempered with what ever conditions the fish feel like on the day.
3 days betwen fishing outings, very similar conditions, very different outcomes. Not strickly speaking true, we didn't make our usual prayers and offerings to the fish god on the last trip out... Hmmmmm....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crazy mofo! I challenge you and your buddy Graham. I challenge you to a fishing marathon..... I don't want to hear about awesome fishing outings.... I want to hear about the sun up to sun down, thirst quenching, fell off the jetty, one that got away tales....and then you have to eat the buggas! Hmmm, which is more challenging to you BubbaJay????

A

BubbaJay said...

I was with you right up to the eating part. Strange as it sounds the more I fish, the less I like sea food...
But an all day fishing marathon - YOU ARE ON!!!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»