To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Going Bodly (motion away)

The New Yorker has a review of the latest Star Trek movie HERE.
I'm all for Star Trek movies, Wrath of Khan is still an all time favourite, but I have not enjoyed any of the incumbent directors previous efforts.

I hold no high hopes for this movie.

2 comments:

Dean said...

Not being a big fan of the original series and with only a passing interest in anything Trek (other than Voyager's Seven of Nine), I have to say I quite enjoyed the Star Trek reboot. The lead did hints of Shatner but not too much, Karl Urban made Bones suitably grumpy, there was plenty of action & the SFX were pretty special.

Go along with an open mind and I reckon you'll get a kick out of it.

BubbaJay said...

Okay, will do. All I'm saying is a reboot is an often lazy or unimaginative way to explore a character.
Here's hoping, though, for a Star Wars reboot...