To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Fate

Its been a busy past few weeks Bubbas.
Highlights include;
  • Getting an awesome new job
  • Having my Ma down from Sydney for a couple of days
  • Getting a framed Elvis poster
Well in the job kicks off in a week. Its doing the same kind of stuff that I've been doing in Canberra. So while I was good at it up there, I didn't necessarily enjoy it. Well trying to find a job down here that keeps as part of the network has been hard. The work I've doing at the Radiostation has been very enjoyable. The best part has been to make friends and meet some amazing people. The time now, however, has come to move on as was the plan. So we are doing well on the front.

Ma came down last week. What I noticed the most about this visit was how much I missed her when I put her on the plane. My beloved is due any day now, so Ma wanted to come down before the bub is due. To have her here in her role as a Mum and a Grandmother was special. In my mind I felt we were under assessment (in a good way) by Ma to make sure our house, our community and family in Melbourne were ready for Ladybird. I am a very independent minded person and yet I wanted Mum to stay like I never needed her before. It was a very special weekend.

ELVIS!! Among the many things I love the story of Elvis is very prominent. So the framed poster is of a very young Elvis, performing just after Sun Records sold his contract to RCA. Elvis has been recording and performing for about 18 months, he has not yet met Tom Parker and his truck drivers license is still current in case this all goes wrong... A magic moment in the story of music in the 20th century.

So its been a pretty jam packed couple of weeks. Not sure if I have successfully relayed the scope and magnitude of it all...

No comments: