To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thoughts after a game of Soccer

Just played my Sunday game of soccer (the Sat game is on hiatus while French class is on). To be honest while we lost 2 nil, I'm not happy because it was a bit of a dirty match. The guys on the other team were playing aggressively. Making hard tackles on the girls on our team (which is against the spirit of the league) and hard tackles on the boys.
Well they did until I responded by knocking over one of their guys as we both raced for the ball. Ref said it was boderline, but I knew it was deliberate - I knocked the guy off his legs and sent him 2 or 3 feet back. It calmed the match down (which was what I was hoping for and calmed the guys on our side, who were getting ready for a bit of biff).
But it was wrong and I feel bad for reacting.

No comments: