To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Short Album Review

In Ghost Colours by Cut and Copy

I must confess that I do like a bit of the electronica, especially when its a new sound. Cut and Copy are an Aussie duo who appear to be following the footsteps of Air and Daft Punk. There is a positive French sound to their mixes, however they are not the next Avalanches.
The album was, apparently, recorded last year but held back from release until a global deal could be signed.
Personally I would have used that time to weed out the less useful tracks. The first half of the album is good, quite like it myself. But the guy who is doing the singing... Someone in his family is Smiths fan (possibly his dad...) I was not a Smiths fan because Morrisey voice gives me the shits. After 9 tracks it repeats the same formula, low fi funky riff, back beat, then Morrisey voice.
It kinda grates.

Well I recommend you check it out at least and I definitely recommend you check our Air and La Caution if this turns out to be your bag.

First Half; 3+ Ninja Stars ***+
Second Half; No Ninja Stars

No comments: