To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Green, Golf and Gym

Yesterday morning I had the chance to join some mates on an early morning bike ride around Lake BG. Autumn in Canberra is just a breathtaking and beautiful time of the year (as you'll see for yourself Evie). The light is transitioning from Summer to that clear alpine high blue skies.
Riding around the lake is a great journey and first thing in the morning is the best time to catch some great sights. Trees aflame with colour, the kind of colour that would inspire Robert Frost, if you know what I mean.
Starting my day surrounded by beauty and welcoming the sun is how I like to roll. So I was delighted to get an invitation to hear Don Henry talk at the press club (another way to say this the Australian Conservation Council is a dead weight organisation who need people to fill tables for the press club address). I would not normally be interested in such an address if the Greens did not hold the balance of power in the Senate.
What struck me first of all about the crowd was the prevalence of unflattering facial hair on the men and bad haircuts for everybody. The address was the usual mix of great ideas to save the planet and ruin the economy. But I did get an invite to a golf day at Canberra Royal on Thursday.
The last time I played golf it was frankly an embarrassment to the whole world of golf. Hopefully I won't have to play and can get away hanging around the club house having a couple of beers.

Its all good!!

No comments: