To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Rugby, Beer, Pies

I love my life! There are so many things for which to be grateful for. Not the least of which is great friends. Yesterday lunch time (while I was up in Sydney finishing off a meeting) a buddy of mine rang with a ticket for the Super 14 game that evening!!

Its been a busy week, so I left Sydney early and drove back to Canberra full of excitement. Then I realised I also had a radio show to do.... (duh, duh, duuhhh) Thankfully I had a week weeks ago prerecorded an hour for just such an emergency. Horrah, all set for the Brumbies vs the Chiefs.

I was exhausted from a 3 hour drive and an intense week in three cities, but I was so glad to have friends who wanted to go to the rugby. The Brumbies were beaten (I saw the Hurricanes match and I was also a resounding thumping of the home team) soundly by the Chiefs. It was actually quite embarrassing to watch. Mid way through the second half a lot of people were leaving, in shame. Canberra stadium has a capacity upward of 20 thousand but last night was only about 14 thou. People are staying away.
Still there is in my opinion something great about watching the footy with your mates and a couple of beers and pie. Great times Eddie, Great times!

Final score Chiefs 42 Brumbies 28.

No comments: