To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Good Kind of Hurting

Yesterday I played my first game of soccer for the new season.
(Mental note for next time, don't play soccer after working out on my legs at the gym!)

I forgot just how much fun it is to race around a field for an hour or two (and even score a GOAL!). Just to refresh people's memory, its two teams divided equally amongst whoever turns up into Red - The Spitfires and Blue - The Lightnings. There is no skill level to speak of, but a basic rule of thumb is good sportmanship and courtesy.
Which I think are excellent values for us all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Made the mistake of wandering into JB HiFi afterward and walked out with amongst other things the latest Bowie best of, he seems to put one out every few years. This has some of newer stuff on it as well as the covers made popular by Nirvana et al.
Which is a good thing, I guess. My last best of got chewed by my shitty old CD player. Don't ask how, I assure you it is scratched to shit...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After soccer yesterday, cooked a seafood paella and chowder, just to experiment and because Karin asked. A bit of change for me, I'm not a seafood person per see, but it seemed to work out ok. This morning woke up with stiff and sore, all the way to the hips. But I still feel it's worth the fun of running around like kid for a spell!!

No comments: