To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Global Funk

I tell you whut Bubbas, sometimes after a great radio show you feel... well you feel pretty bloody great!
Tonite I filled in for the World Vibe presenter (MIA with lurgie). It was all last minute, some accuse me of being unable to say NO to the station. But truth be told I just love being able to get behind the mic and spin the tunes I want. So its rarely an imposition.
Well it was all a bit last minute for tonites show, but I found a whole bunch of tracks I've been searching for ages for (Angelique Kidjo, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Geraldo Pino and the Heartbeats). The whole show just came together and an hour just seemed hardly enough time.
Perhaps I was enjoying myself too much :)

2 comments:

Dean said...

Sorry to say that Angelique Kidjo's Hendrix cover didn't really do much for me.

BubbaJay said...

Oh well c'est la vie.
Did find an outstanding track Rodrigo y Gabriela covering Metallica's One and warping that into Dave Bruebecks Take 5!
Really good stuff.