To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 Clip Show

And now onto the wondrous new year that will be 2009.
Are there any highlights for you? any goals to meet or exceed? will you be happy to have just taken part?
Upon review of my goals from last year;
  1. Travel to Europe
  2. Appear in Community Theatre
I can say without hesitation that I made some progress toward goal one (I began studying French) but in the end, it is fair to say, that I did not go to Europe. In fact it is fair to say that there will be no trips in that direction for a least a year or two.
With regards to the second goal, it did not happen at all. In all honesty by the time I had gotten to grips with the year and all the activities I undertook, number 2 was not going to happen. Just not enough hours in the day.

So despite missing both my stated goals by a wide margin, in my opinion 2008 was a great year!! Worthy of a review of some of the highlights;

  • Started the year with a new life and with a lot of optimism.
  • Had some major car troubles but they were sorted out by February
  • Met a wonderful person
  • Had a lot of travel which is always good for a Gemini
  • Played a lot of soccer (and scored some awesome goals)
  • Made some new friends
  • Did a lot of Radio with Artsound (on some weeks I was on air Mon, Tues, Fri)
  • Went Skiing for the first time in 5 years. This is a huge personal achievement, I love skiing, I love the snow and mountains. For 5 years I was in a situation were all of this joy and happiness was shut off from me and it is just simply wonderful to be able to connect with this passion once more.
  • Learnt French. Its been fantastic to have challenged the brain in this way. Its like going to a brain gym and getting super buff super quick. I thoroughly recommend it as a course of action for anyone.
  • Discovered the pretty little country world of Bright in Northern Victoria.
  • Helped to win a State Election (in my own small way)
  • Went 12 months without a television
  • Read a lot of wonderful books
  • Listened to a lot of fantastic music
  • Moved interstate
  • And finally I can say that I had a whole lot of fun.
Well I am highly confident that this year ahead is going to special in an amazing way. I won't go into detail just yet, suffice to say 2009 is going to be a hard one to top!!
All the best everybody, lets make 2009 the best we can for us all!!

2 comments:

Jack Dee said...

was that 12 months with out OWNING at TV or 12 months not USING a TV ?

BubbaJay said...

Both, no TV (noun and verb)in my apartment. Watched DVD's on the laptop every now and again.