To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is a fun tool

Every now and again the internets gives us something actually useful. By that I mean something useful for me. Wordle (LINK) will take text, quickly count the recurrence of words then display them in a 'Word Cloud'.
Why is this useful? For what I do it means I can write a series of documents around a theme, plug the text into wordle and see how prominently those words appear. It is a useful indication of how numerous the dog whistles are.
Have a play for yourself. Perhaps you are an unhinged teacher and wanted to see themes from a compare and contrast essay? perhaps you bored enough to plug in the Gospel of St John or Othello or that crappy script you've been working on?

Here's one I did earlier LINK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool. Here's what I made: http://dnosauria.net/2009/01/17/nocleanfeed-nephelococcygia/