To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quiter

I got invited to sing as part of the University of Canberra Choir a couple of months ago. They are preparing to sing Handel's Messiah this Friday.
The problem is, after 2 months of practises, I still don't know the music well enough to be confident to sing it. Its weighing on me a bit, I made a commitment and now I'm backing out on it.
That said, there are a few things I don't like about the choir;
- For most of the last few weeks the practises have been lead by a reserve back up instructor, not the guy with the mad skills.
- Then there's this officious little old lady who wants to run things, but in a 'I've got nothing better to do with my life' way. It kinda pisses me off to tell you the truth. Especially when I get a phone message from her during my work day wanting me to ring her back about some trivial crap
- Its a fairly average choir I would have to admit. I could wonder how much of that is my fault, having never heard let alone sung most of the music before, but there are veterans there who should be on top of their game and who are not.

Anyway I could go on, the performance is this Friday but I've got to be on the radio so its a no go on that front.
A bit disappointing, but there it is.

No comments: