To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bike Riding

Its not the distance, I've been getting better at that (last Saturday was a ride around Lake Burleigh Griffith 37km and a 20km ride on Sunday) its my seat.
Or more specifically my tail bone. I've noticed it starts to cramp after about the 10km mark.
Will have to find a more comfortable seat (perhaps one with arm rests!!)

Well other than bicycling around and catching some really sweet air on the odd jump (like swear to god, one had to have been 5 feet at least) there was an election on Saturday.

So some buddies and I held an election night BBQ and there were fun and games (election night Bingo, which I won!) and a new government.
I'm a little stunned to tell you the truth. I had a good feeling that Labor would get in, but certainly not by the margin they did. And no body went the mongrel in their victory or defeat speeches.
It was eerily civilised. Like I said stunned mullet.
Having voted earlier in the day, I was full of vim and vigour for the democratic process. Labor has run an aggressive campaign from January when Rudd took over. Canberra is traditionally safe Labor and after the humiliating defeat last time... I was just gobsmacked by the result this time round.

To be continued...

No comments: