To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The last time I played golf

Last week was busy, in a good way. My radio station did its radiothon we were aiming for $35,000 and got $41,381. So all in all an outstanding result.
For my part I was there every night from about 5.30 to 10 answering phones, spruiking, organising stuff. Just glad to be part of it all to tell you the truth. Did a massive show on Friday drive (5 - 7pm) got $1,500 in two hours. Feeling good about that.

Well on Thursday I took time out from my busy schedule to play golf for the Legacy society. Actually I though I was playing golf on the Friday, but a reminder call got me out of the office and into a golf shop for pants, shoes and a crash course lesson as to exactly how you hit a golf ball.
armed with a 15 minute tutorial I rocked up to the golf day.
It was an 'Ambrose' with a 'shotgun start'.
Ambrose - team event, everyone tee's off and the team can then play on from the best shot. The team must play at least 3 drives from each player.
Shotgun Start - Each team is assigned a hole to tee off from, the proceeds in a clock wise direction.

I was crap.
Possibly the worse person on the field but a lengthy margin. I did sink some putts, but that was about the limit of my contribution.
I did have fun though.

No comments: