To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Super Barrio Man - Luchador Libre!!!

Horray!! At last I finally saw a movie that was as much fun as the trailer - Nacho Libre (Starring Jack Black and directed by the Napoleon Dynamite director, guy, dude... whatever) It was fun, Jack Black was fun and there was mucho Luchadores, great fun for young and old and pleasantly, not one swear word.
After watching a film about Mexican style wrestling, Ash and I were getting a bit carried away Luchador style in the parking lot after the film - But neither of us had been drinking!!! Holy cow!!! Just shows what is possible with good clean fun from time to time.

Actually it reminded me a bit of a Wes Anderson film.

But the I have to confess I am easily suckered in by a good movie trailer. I regularly visit the Apple.com/trailers site and pass a few minutes away. And yet how rarely does the feature do justice to the trailer (ie Star Wars Ep1!!). Some times you know its going to be crap, you just know (ie Miami Vice) but you watch it anyway. Well Nacho Libre delivered as much fun as it promised - and that my friends is a magic all to itself.

No comments: