To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Fully Fledged Radio Star!!!

I did my radio show and it was awesome!!
Its been a choldhood dream and there I was, actually fulfilling an ambition. Quite an honour I must say and not an everyday event.

Gotta say, people who do that for a living make it seem easy...
I was on for 2 hours but I spent about 5 hours preparing in the evening the week before. A lot of work goes into a radio show. Had my playlist worked out, timed it properly and had a little script to read off so I didn't sound like some mubling, bumbling fool.

In the end the 2 hours flew by, I finised up with more music than air time. Played my sponsorship promo's as per the running sheet and threw to the satelite news feed on time. Did my job well! Even got a call from a listener who congratulated me on doing a great job!!
And after the show, what a buzz! waht a buzz indeed!!

Good clean fun people, thats community radio I tell ya that for free buddy!!

No comments: