To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Super Ninja's

We Gemini's are thought to be impulsive by nature, a customer profile perhaps most sought by telemarkerters;
"Hi Mr Rose Eater, I'm Chang, calling from the ..."
"Fuck off and Die, Shit face" #Click#...

Hows that for Impulsive!!! I could have said "eat shit and Die". Decided to mix it up a bit. I'm that kind of guy.

Anyhow, my buddy Ash gave me a call the other day to 1; welcome me back home and 2; see if I wanted to play vollyball as a ringer for his team (the Super Ninja's). My impulse got the better of me and I said yes, turns out it the game wasn't until 9pm. I'd been back in the country for 2 days.
But it did sound like crazy ass fun and beer was sure to be involved and possibly volleyball. I said yes, I will be a Super Ninja. I didn't tell him I haven't played Volleyball since the 80's, as that may have hurt the ambience of camerardiry.

I won't give you a thrilling blow by blow account of the game, it was indoor vollyball not beach vollyball - nothing thrilling on the uniform side there. But I will expose a personality type I'm sure you'll find in every social sport leauge - Sport Billy-

Sport Billy is the kind of dickhead who doesn't think any of us should be there for either fun, the atmosphere or the promise of beer and Singstar kareoke. Oh dear me no, he's the kind of guy who chases every point, he's a colied spring of action, who could've made it big (if only there weren't people out there with actual talent) but is instead playing in a d grade social comp.
My friends, I met such a guy on that night of Volleyball.
He was a tool.

4 comments:

Seraph said...

We have those types on staff at school. They regularly ruin "social" sports that we play together - oddly enough they tend to all teach PE or HAVE taught PE in the past.

Jerks.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»