To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

This weather is making me thristy...

As if the weather couldn't get any more weirder!?!
On New Years Eve we had a torrential downpour complete with Thunder, Lightning and about a metre worth of hail!!
Thank goodness we were home, hard core party animals that we are. Dude I was out there in my gumboots shovelling hail and water out of blocked drains as fast as I could (nearly got hit by lightning). The storm lasted for 2 hours and thats a lot of water that hit our part of Canberra.

We got off lightly with only minimal damage to our kitchen ceiling (but my Porsche and Karin's expensive collection of Baroque art works were destroyed (should the insurance people ask))

So it was a cleansing start to the new year with all the old dust washed away!

No comments: