To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fire in the Sky



Last Saturday while standing on my driveway, en route to my neighbours BBQ I spied in the heavens the Great Comet of 2007.
Otherwise known as the McNaught Comet, named after a local astronomer Robert McNaught 'who observed the comet near Coonabarabran in 2006' (thanks ABC).

This photo was taken over Wamboin, but on Saturday over my place it looked just as spectacular

The tail was amazing - fanning away like a feather! Its getting fainter now in the heavens and I'm told will be gone by early Feburary. But this truely does shit on Halley's comet.

Probably because this is an Aussie comet!!


Here is the link to Wiki page if you would like to know more - LINK

No comments: