To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Years Resolutions

This year I've decided to actually have some goals, other than try and not get fired.
I actually got a lot done last year so it has inspired me to set some projects and see how I do over the next 12 months.

Goals;
1; Do a French Cooking Course - One of my favourite cook books is 'The French Kitchen' by Joanne Harris. Great recipes, a fun layout, awesome pictures of little corners of France. A really charming book and one of my favourite inspirations when I'm cooking. So I figure why not actually do a French cooking course?!? I figure someone around here must run one...
2; Improve a language - For this one I'm tossing up between Italian and French. Italian because I flunked it so badly the last time I tried and I have an Italian brother in law. So I figure it'll be good fun should I ever get the chance to do a cooking tour of northern Italy. The French because I actually enough to be dangerous, but not enough to be competent. Added to which, it might be good for my job prospects...
3; Get a regular radio gig - Already started with this one. Having done my radio course I still haven't followed through with any regular air time. Have to fix that, I love doing it!! So I've volunteered for a one hour fortnightly spot on Fridays hosting the World Vibe show.
My plan is to see how my schedule goes and get another gig as well.

It will be fun to see how I track to these goals and I'm sure I'll add a few extra ones as the year progresses. I always in believe in being flexible to your circumstances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused Jez, what higher goal is there than not getting fired??

BubbaJay said...

Thats easy - more money for less responsibility.