To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas Hols must end Soon!

I've been somewhat lazy (I am somewhat lazy...) with my postings as of late. This is what 3 weeks of holidays will do to a man.
Well to be honest I can't actually say 3 weeks of actual holidays, the first week I was almost driven insane by the absence of work and was living in dreaded excitement of the pending arrival of my 1979 Ford F-100. Then my truck arrived, by which time Karin was on holiday - which meant my life had purpose and order (or more precisely Karin told me to do things.)

Then we had Christmas itself, which was a grand affair with most of Karin's family coming down from Brisbane to join us. Then they went home, then I relaxed for a day, then it was the New Years storm. Finally Karin has gone back to work and I can go fishing to my hearts content.

I go back to work on Monday.

Highlights!!!
- Had a lovely day with my nieces before Christmas so their Mum (Karin's Sister Ness) could wrap presents. One of the rare occasions after which I have not wanted a vasectomy.
- Got my Truck (full description to follow with pictures, set Thrill Rating to HIGH!!)
- Australia got the Ashes, after humiliating England (The best way to win)
- Warnie the cheating, lying, bogan genius has retired.
- Was nearly electrocuted by lightning while trying to clear a clogged drain
- My Brother Ben and his wife Rhonnie had a wee baby girl (Alexandra Jane Rossiter)
- Finally got to clean the garage out

If there is more to tell, I can't think what it would be.
Best wishes to you all for a fantastic 007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You finally got that truck that I have been forced to hear about, again and again. I am really happy for you. It is extremely fuel efficient isn't it? If I need to move any cattle I know who to ask. You wil have to start saying things like Y'all.

Warnies retirement was the only thing my English colleagues have smiled about for months.

BubbaJay said...

Oh Yeah its fuel efficent all right!! Its runs on mash up kittens and baby seal tears - YEAH!!!!

Actually its got 220 ltr LPG tank. I was out fishing at Braidwood yesterday and on the trip home passed people going up hill - Thats the power of a honking great V8.

re Cricket - Sucked in Pom's. $20 bucks says the Queen won't congratulate the Skippies and hand knighthoods out... why? Because she is the ENGLISH Queen.

Anonymous said...

220 litre tank !! You could probably drive to Brisbane without needing to stop.

How many kittens/litre do you get

BubbaJay said...

Not as many as you would think... There's not much meat on a kitten.