To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Old Flatmates, New friends

So one day not long ago, as I was walking out of a place I bump into the (deep breath) the brother-of-the-mate-of-an-old-flatmate whom I flatted with when I lived in Melbourne during last century. Still think that is fun to write it that way.
So we swapped cards and said let's catch up for lunch. Usually with these sorts of things it takes a while or two or in fact I don't follow up. Well this time I did follow up and a couple of weeks later we're having lunch at docklands. It was great to catch up so we agreed to catch up again next month and invite my old flatmate.

Not having had much contact with my flatmates since having moved to Canberra I was surprised how quickly we picked things up. I guess we had both grown up some but also kept a core of what was good about ourselves. After lunch I was invited to join an online game evening with some of the boys.

To be honest I was thrilled, I love playing computer games - I know the women in my life don't get it, that it is Girl Kryptonite - but I love it. Short story I had a blast and over the next couple of weeks I've managed to catch up and meet some old friends and new ones.

Melbourne is making a good case for residency.

No comments: