To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Forget and Recall

This past month and a bit has been a collision of the old and the new for me. I feel on the one hand that I'm continuing a phase of my life I thought I would not reconnect with here in Melbourne. On the other hand I see a continuation of another life via Canberra while at the same time watching my new life open out before me.

What a wonderful place to be in. All these threads of my past lives (Melb mk.1, Canberra and Melb mk.2) are coming together. I'm loving it, I feel more complete for the experience. My old flatmate and I were shooting the breeze and we both confessed how much we had unconsciously missed the others company. when you live with someone in a share house you get to know them pretty well. But flatmates are very hit and miss, one of the reasons I never went down the shared house route in Canberra ( I figured, with some justification, that there would be more zero's than hero's).

But it's also important to remember that people change and that evolving and growing and accepting of changes and challenges can help you become more than the sum of your parts or experiences. Perhaps this is what they call growing up?

No comments: