To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This time of year

When I was a wee lad (almost 30 years ago) I used to hate this time of year. School was dragging on and on and on and on... It seemed like the holidays would never get here and that Christmas was miles away.
I recall walking to school one morning thinking 'This is just such a waste of time for everybody. We should scrap the pretense and have Christmas next week. This intervening time is just filler.'

I was a very philosophical child. Perhaps I'm thinking about it as a portent of my own child. This will be her first Christmas and I wonder what she will make of it. Probably not that much on the day, but I know she will love seeing her cousins up in Sydney.

No comments: