To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Burden

One thing I have never liked doing at Christmas is Christmas Cards. I dislike writing them, I dislike receiving them. Especially in the corporate world, I intensely dislike having to write a card to clients ('Dear Dude, thank you for spending money with us. Have a safe holiday break so you can continue to spend money. Like I care, Bubba.')

But some people get really a-retentive about it. They have to get the cards out in time etc. Cards which typically contain some personailsed image of family or pets in Christmas Drag. You know what I'm talking about, the Santa Beanies with or without flashing lights.

Now I am all for Christmas decorations, I love them. I will be your personal shopper for decorations. But the cards don't do anything for me. It surprises me when I come across people who actually care that I have not sent them a card. To whit my response can only be, you obviously don't know me that well (ergo why would I want to send you a card?) .

So if you wish to know for sure if I care about during our festival of Jesus, ring me or I will call you. And I can tell you as a spoiler, I do care I just don't like Christmas cards.

No comments: