To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is Sparta

In fact this is the 301st post on Bubbajay!! So a little bit of a milestone blog wise.

I am finding the difference between the me at home and the me at work is becoming quite marked. I spent most of last night trying to have a conversation with Evie and singing to Ladybird. I seems, for no good reason, that country and western songs are working at the moment. Perhaps its the lower register or the prevalence of songs in the key of G or D. At any rate we've worked through most every Johnny Cash number I know, Glenn Campbell has worked as well. Last night was John Denver covers and Patsy Cline.

Don't get me wrong, in no way do I want to project an image of begrudging my beautiful daughter music. I love to sing, it gives energy and light to the soul (as I believe Beethoven said).

Personally I'm just amazed at just how many Country and Western CD's I actually own. So the difference between the work me and the home me... There is a lot less singing being done by the work me!

No comments: