To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Monster Raving Looney

What they don't tell you in the 'So your going to be a Dad' type books is that the sound of your childs screaming is one of the most (simultaneously) annoying and heartbreaking sounds imaginable.

Last night Ladybird began exploring the higher range of her vocal cords. In each case I was trying to mind bub while her mother could have a shower, leave the room for 15 minutes, talk on the phone (you get the picture). In each instance of the scream, the mollifying answer was ... 'I is hungry'.

I have had to date a good level of success with my kid wrangling skills, but an inconsolable progeny has, I have to admit, defeated my usually fail proof charm.

Got to bed late last night. Had plans to re-string one of my guitars. Wound up trying to cuddle an extremely displeased baby who calmly waited until the commercial breaks were over to begin broadcasting her displeasure. That was my entire evening.

My admiration for the job her mother is doing knows no bounds.

No comments: