To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, February 02, 2009

A simple plan

Well Bubbas, there is a simple plan at work here. Its a numbers game and a waiting game all in one.
I'm going to be a dad (later this year).

I've held off making an announcement on the blog for a couple of reasons. Firstly I wanted to tell people in person and secondly it was a question of just what kind of things I share with you. For example I don't discuss my work, full stop. Thats one of my rules. Also, I don't discuss people by their actual names (just in case I change my mind at a later date).
But this is wonderful news and it will change who I am. Which means my audience should probably know about this momentous, life changing event.

When I started Bubbajay it was a spin off from a blog that Hix had set up for the friends from Uni. The Hix blog fell over after a few months, people weren't contributing or whatever. But I found I enjoyed the experience and just started writing about little things in my life on my own. Well this is a big thing and its happening around May.

It also means that Bub will one day have the chance to read about my life pre-them. What will they think I wonder? Will they wonder about the places I've been? Will they ask about the people mentioned?
Probably. Maybe. I hope so. I don't know.

The very thought that I will be a dad, and sooner than I dare to think, is exciting beyond awesome even if awesome was a Surfboarding Ninja. I feel humbled and excitied and proud all at the same time.

No comments: