To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Snow Recap

Well bubbas in the past four weeks I have been skiing every weekend. In fact during this triumphant return to the snow I have been on the mountains more often this season than any time previous (helped by the fact that I have people who love skiing as much as I do around me).
I've been to Perisher twice, Mt Buller once and Mt Hotham. Its been the best season I know of for years. Mt Buller which is normally pretty ordinary is reported on Monday morning a dump of 11cm's overnight (on a base of 120cm)!!! The last time I skied Mt Buller, they were ecstatic with 10cm's across some of the resort.

I figured this weekend just gone was the last for the season. Usually the Spring rain kicks in and Summer begins to stir. Well maybe not, with an average snow base of 1m most of the resorts should be in good condition for a week or two yet. Its good news for the rivers and really good news for the fishing.

As for next year? Well I read this (LINK) and while it could be bad news for some, its good news for next Winter!

No comments: