To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, August 04, 2008

An odd thng happened on the way to the snow...

I'm off to Mt Hotham on the 15th for my first return to the snow in 6 years. So I needed to get some new ski pants, the last pair being a little snug around the waist as I recall.
So I wandered into a store and as per my policy of buying from people who are courteous, I bought a pair of pants. So I'm there trying them out and this old guy wanders into the store and starts paying out on the young guys there for not buying his honey. He goes to town on them, thick east European accent and all.
One of them relents and pays $5 for a jar of fresh honey.

I had a slight moment of indecision as to whether or not to change out of my pants... Anyway I have sitting next to be a jar of very delicious honey.
My other rule for shopping is to always buy from good salesmen, whatever it is they are selling...

No comments: