To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Its good to score

Goals I mean, why what did you think?
At soccer this morning laid in 2 mighty shots to help us to a 5-1 VICTORY. I think its only the second game we've won this season!!
Its a great league, we just play for fun and the chance to be outside.
But I do have to say the first goal was a surprise, it was 5 minutes into the first half and I gave a half hearted tap toward to the goal. The ball wasn't going all that fast and the keeper just watched it roll toward him. Perhaps he thought, as I did, that I had missed. The ball rolled right past him and into the back of the net...

Then it seemed the goal gates just opened. We played with confidence and vigour, my next goal came of my left foot, so I'm even more awesome than before for that.
All in all, a good game.

No comments: