To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TikiGod

Is the name of my new car.
He is a Blue '99 Honda CR-V, very handy for getting around in.
He gets the name TikiGod from an air freshener I bought for him last weekend. It is in the shape of an Hawaiian Fire God (or so it seems to me) and it gives off the smell of coconut.
Now I am not normally a fan of coconut, but this smell (like most synthetics) reminds me of the beach, of surf, sand, wet hair, sunblock and the icecream/gelato you have afterwards.
But most of all TikiGod does two things extra;
1: He offers sage advice while driving, "TikiGod says, this is nice day for drive" or "TikiGod says, you look ugly in those sunglasses - appease me!"
2: TikiGod's smell reminds of someone very special, and with that she is always in the car with me.

No comments: