To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some people have too much time on their hands

So tonite I'm recording a series of shorts (that I do each week) for the radio station called - Arts Diary. Part of this awesome responsibility is research, write, record, edit and publish 3 2 minute sound files that get played several times a day.
I love doing it. But I have noticed a pattern. Artists, by which I mean visual artists are terrible at writing copy. If the oft used maxim of "picture = a thousand word" applies these guys write the way they paint. All I need to know is 'why should we care?' and 'where can we see it?'.
What I get instead is pages et pages of crap about their life mission and places they've visited where the didn't have a job either.
How do these guys stay in business?
The bong budget alone has gotta run into the thousands?!?

And you would think these bums would include a picture or two...

No comments: