To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mind Worm

Y'know when you get a song stuck in your head... for some reason it just pops in there and is impossible to dislodge. Well it happened to me the other week, Boston's 'More than feeling' - a song about everything and nothing (mostly nothing) all at the same time.
Actually what got stuck in particular was the harmony part were the lead singer hits that rising note that melds with the wailing guitar (ie 'I hear that old song and it takes me away etc').
What I usually do in those circumstances is hit the old web for the guitar tabs. Then for the next couple of days I arse about getting the melody down at which point my interest begins to wane and I'm free of the darn mind worm.
However every now and again I find the right kind of harmonics and I'm off chasing a variation that can keep me happy for weeks!!
So its a good way to kill some Sunday afternoon time until things warm up enough to walk the dogs!!

No comments: