To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hearing my own Voice

As you all know, I volunteer at a community radio station ArtSound FM.
Well I finally got to hear myself today. The station has a regular promo/announcement called 'Arts Diary' and I've volunteered to be one of the voices who writes, records and edits the promo.
I spent 4 hours on Sunday working to get 3 promo's sounding just right (approx 7 minutes of air time total) and I think I pulled it off.

To be honest I had my cringe factor turned up to 11 when my promo started... But it actually sounded pretty good. I mean I could hear all the little mistakes and some slightly sloppy editing, but all in all - not a bad effort.

You can judge for yourselves soon, the station website will be posting my next one in a weeks time.

No comments: