To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Can't Sleep...

Its true, I can't sleep right now (its 4am). Just a little too excited - I got a new job yesterday!!

Actually this is a lot like jet lag, when I'm in the States I find my mind is too overstimulated. A combination of sugar, beer and 75 channels of 'there must be something on..'
So currently I'm wide awake about an hour an half earlier than I usually get up. I'm sitting here wondering if any of this will make sense in the daylight, listening to Durran Durran (or maybe I am dreaming...)

Did my regular radio gig last night and found a crazy arse Haitian Voodoo Rite to play. It was only about 2 minutes, but when you see something like that - you have to do that shit!!!

Had to get my truck towed to the garage, it just died in the arse. I'm not mad though, she's off getting fixed for whatever mystery beset her (Durran Durran was a fairly base heavy outfit... just noticed that. Sorry had to stop this line to comment on 'Wild Boys').
So anyway, tuck nackered and should be sorted in a week or so - its not the repair work so much as the parts. Its still awesome.

Feeling a little more sleepy - I won't bother editing this. Lets see how it reads in a couple of hours!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! a new job. Who? Where?

ps. its Duran Duran with only one 'r' in each part. I'm glad your not a DJ or anything, because that would be embarressing !!!

BubbaJay said...

Holy Shit an actual Duran Duran fan!!!

Anonymous said...

Hungry like the wolf, man.