To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Best value for $20 ever... this week

Had a heckuva good time on the weekend, Karin and I went up to the Blue Mountains to see my Ma and Da. Which is always nice.
On the Saturday went headed over to Katoomba to check things out. Aside from anything we needed to get a rug for our family room (since we've had the floorboards down the dogs have been skidding, slippin and sliding something fierce).
But that's not the best ever $20 ever spent.

The best ever $20 ever spent (that Saturday) was on an extra special bargain. There are plenty of second hand places in Katoomba and one of them was having a garage sale, amongst the usual crap of tea pots, busted snow boots and very wrong LP records was my find.... A portable gas BBQ, complete with 4 extra gas cyclnders!!!!!!!!!
Holy Crap!!!!
Needless to say, I tried to act cool and raced off to the nearest ATM pushing the old, weak and infirm from my path. Then returned to claim my precious (BBQ).

Now you may call me a dork (many have) but I remind you that I go fishing a lot and a portable BBQ is very handy to have. Not to cook fish, because I hate seafood, but to cook steaks and the like... if I can't be bothered to go to a restaurant... who knows...

But here then is a photo to make you mortals tremble with envy!!!
(actually mines black and comes with its own carry case and 4 extra gas canisters - Now thats VALUE right there friend)
(Korean BBQ places use these guys at the table)
(I think its cool)

No comments: