To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Late but Great!!



Look what I got!!!!!

An original Judge Dredd, inked and coloured for me, by an actual 2000AD Judge Dredd Artist!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin Smith worked on 2000AD during the early days progs 200 - 600, smack bang encompasing my collection. This is freaking amazing!!!

It turns our Robin is the neighbour (in the UK) of my Brother in Law (Karin's older brother). His wife is over visiting and she gave us this picture as a belated wedding present. Their neighbour Robin was kind enough to whip this one up at their request, after they found out what a Judge Dredd maniac I am.

What a fantastic gift and I am one proud groom. I've been a Dredd fan for over 20 years and I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would be given something like this...

Words - failing - urge - to - be - crazy - happy - and - thank - baby - Jesus - rising....

2 comments:

Seraph said...

Sweet Jebus ! That's pretty freaking cool, dude ! Now - get something with Nemesis the Warlock on it !

BubbaJay said...

Nah, if the magic wish could come through I'd choose in this order;
1; Rouge Trooper
1; Kano of Bad Company (Series 1)
1; Strontinum Dog
1; DR and Quince

Nemisis would be top 10 though for sure