To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Reading Challange Update

I thought the 'Honey Thief' was an appallingly bad book. So I had my beloved read it to see if I was just making it up, she did not finish the first chapter.
Overall my experiment was a fail. Which I think was a reflection of a poorly design parameters. I may try again later in the year, but for now I'll draw a line under this first attempt at expanding my reading comfort zone.

Bah!!

At the moment 'She' is devolving into a turgid mess and I've noticed that there is a strong "funny how he never married" aspect to two of the main characters. I might just end up scanning the remainder of the book for the good parts. My penultimate warning sign arrived in the form of the baddy reciting poetry for 2 pages. To my mind its a mistake for authors to insert poetry as a dramatic device. Tolkien was an an epic fail with all the tiresome verse that populates his works and I'll be buggered if I'll indulge Mr Haggard either.

+++++++++++++++++

In other news we are in the final strecth of bub baking. My beloved is off work from tomorrow with an eye to getting the house ready for Ladybird.

No comments: