To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Aeneid on Facebook

I read the Aeneid in 7th form during my Economics classes (I got the school prize for Classic's that year). I haven't read it since then, but I do fondly remember ignoring the teacher (who was a lovely person) to concentrate on Aeneas and his shenanigans. It reminded me a bit of Battlestar Galactica in some respect. But I loved the continuity of the Trojan war from the Trojan perspective.

This is very funny, its the Aeneid as a Facebook profile (LINK). Well perhaps its funny if you're a super nerd who read Virgil when he should have been reading Milton Keynes.

Perhaps there are other books to be treated in the same manner? Moby Dick? Wuthering Heights?

No comments: