To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, January 04, 2008

Fighting Fit...

...and twice as dangerous.

Well Almost.
A bit of a catch up then, for those that came late, of my gadabouting of the last two weeks. Spent a week up in Sydney for Niece #1 birthday, then Xmas then Dad's birthday. Flew to Wellington for New Years in the lovely little village of Martinborough. Currently in Sydney tonite and back home tomorrow.

Synopsis of first week, did all my xmas shopping at the last minute but I think my pressies were all well received (eg got bro a great vintage photo of Bon Scott cicra '76)nieces got Hi-5 DVD's and activity sets. In my opinion Katoomba is a great place to go for shopping for gifts. There are so many great little second hand trash and treasure joints up there (eg got dad a copy of Duke of Wellington biography from the 19th C). Had a great idea for the nieces when they get older, I'll get some dress up clothes for them from the second hand clothes stores. They got all sorts of great hats, shoes, dress, jackets and ties to choose from. I'll leave them at Mum and Dad's.
Should be a lot of fun for them.

Well Wellington was a lot of fun, despite 4 days of bad tummy. Seraph and Viv were wonderful hosts and it was lovely to see them and catch up with people. They only downer was the tummy bug that hit me on day 3 and kinda wiped me out energy wise. Viv commented she could tell I was crook as I wasn't at my usual operational tempo (I think her exact comment may have been along the lines of 'I was acting like a normal person' LOL :). But on reflection, if thats how normal people feel EVERYDAY, my god how do you people do it!?!)
Suffice to say, that now I'm back in Sydney and feeling almost 100%. Second day of solid food, energy level maybe around 60% but climbing all the time.

New Years was 2 and half days in a fantastic spot called Martinborough. Its one of my favourtie places in the world and despite feeling lousy I was really glad to be there. We went to dinner, vineyards, fishing, swimming in the river. Just fantastic fun and the weather was perfect.
If you are interesting in visiting Martinborough I thoroughly recommend staying at the Pinot Villas. The photos do not do them justice, just wonderful. Full marks to Viv for sorting that out!

Alas I was something of a wet blanket for the rest of my time. I was super kind of Viv and Seraph to put up with me mooching on their couch. Oh well there is always next year...

And to everyone out there I hope you've had a grand holiday break and I wish you a fantastic new year!! Lets get out there and make it a great one!!

1 comment:

Seraph said...

Man - we loved having you. Don't worry about the mooching. What's some mooching between friends ?