To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong

This weekend was an injury fuelled affair.
I sprained my shoulder at the gym on Friday and rolled my ankle at soccer on Saturday. Thankfully the shoulder should be back in action in a day or two. My foot however is sporting a grapefruit sized bruise (twas my right ankle as opposed to the other ankle I broke while rock climbing).
So Sunday was a lazy day.
I almost went nuts.

On Saturday night I invited some friends around for dinner. My first entertaining in the new place and it worked out very well. Its a good sized place, I think at a pinch I could get 8 - 10 people and have them in reasonable comfort. Time will tell.

So I slept in on Sunday, till about 6.30am when I had to get up and get a tea. My foot was sore so I figured a bike ride was not the best idea. I spent Saturday afternoon getting a few bits of furniture for the apartment. The previous night I had discovered I did not have any wine glasses and that my roasting tray was too big for the oven I owned.
So I sat in my chair and watched Neo Genesis Evangaleion until I felt hungry enough for breakfast.
It was a lazy start to a lazy day.

I went out around noon and picked up the extra stuff I needed for my kitchen. ran into an old work colleague and enjoyed a warm but blustery Sunday. After a couple of hours my foot was hurting, so I figured return to base was the order of the day.
The sun being over the yardarm I sat back down with a good book and beer. It was all going well.
Then for no reason, my body wanted salt. Not just any kind of salt - KFC.
I have had KFC twice this year. Only one of those times did I actually eat most of the crap in the box. But for some reason, KFC was the go.
I blame the beer.

But, whatever, I get back in my truck and head on down to the local KFC cess pit of shame. I regretted my decision the moment I walked in. There was a family of fat stupid people cleaning bones off mutant chicken, while their sugared up children were grabbing straws and getting loud. It was dirty, the staff were the usual bred of shit useless young people with attitude and no care for their job or the customer.

I still brought some chicken and it was the worst meal I've had in a long time.
Even the food in America seemed better by comparison.

This morning my shoulder is slightly better and my ankle is still sore and in 3 days time the last of that crap will be clear of my digestive system.

No comments: