To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, October 15, 2007

In the country, people can hear you clearly

This weekend was a weekend of victories!!
Was on the radio on Friday for the drive show (5pm - 7pm) and I totally kicked arse!! Had people ringing me up telling me what an awesome show I was doing it was really great fun!

On Saturday the Blues whomped, those scumbag Reds!! It was totally sweet, and by totally sweet I mean it was totally awesome!! Twas was a 3-0 whitewash. I played my part, being the goal keeper of doom. Plus my foot still hurt from last weekend so I really wasn't all that mobile.
But we won!! 3-0 is the biggest margin we've had for a while. Which makes the victory just that little more extra tasty!!

For the rest of the day and Sunday as well I was helping out at the Murrembateman Field Day. Its a big fair for the local farming community (Murrembateman is about 20 minutes to the West of Canberra. A friend of my ex-wife had asked me a few months ago if could help out, I said no problem. It was an easy gig, just had to read out announcements for stall holders and visitors; you know the usual 'lost child', 'go to stand such and such for a great discount on worms farms' etc...
The people were fantastic, I love volunteering to do this kind of thing - you always meet some really great people. I was even given a meal voucher to buy my lunch. Having gone to a couple of these field days when I was spruiking wine last year it was a lot more enjoyable to be there as a volunteer.
Added to which I brought some great Batlow apples and some pretty impressive fishing lures. Plus I got the drive the truck around the country side, like a real cowboy!!

Now its Monday and I have to wear a tie again.

No comments: