To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Time Management

Last Friday I drove to Sydney and back again. In between I had meetings and pitched by 3 year business plan for the business area. I'm not complaining, I got a lot done and it was well worth the effort.
You know I've been driving for about 6 or 7 years now. It is in fact one of the most fun things I can do with my time. The Canberra to Sydney drive is about 3 hours, give or take traffic, each way. And I have done it so many times its like a pleasant afternoon drive, no hurry - enjoy the sights.
Tomorrow I get to do it again, there is a training course up in Sydney I've been signed up for. The only problem from my end is its Karins birthday tomorrow.
I'm writing this from the radio station, I'm about to go on for 2 hours.

So tomorrow I will cook my lovelly wife a birthday breakfast in bed (bugger, forgot to get flowers - hmmm might check out the servo on the way home...(yeah if I want a divorce :)
There will be bacon eggs, pancakes with real Canadian maple syrup and whipped cream!!

It should be fantastic.
Every now and again though I feel like there isn't enough hours in the day. But I'm learning, that just means I need to move faster.

No comments: