To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

28 Weeks Later - a lousy film review

I call this a lousy film review, because I'm not in the least bit objective here. 28 Weeks Later is a scary sequel, I'd rate it as a worthy follow on from 28 Days Later (possibly even scarier!).
So how do I measure these claims?
1) There were parts I actually hid my eyes from!!
2) I had dreams about the 'Infected' and was seriously wondering about the security of our house at 3am last night!!
3) Drove to work today wondering if Canberra could be quarantined off and how one might do that!!

All in all good 'clean' scary fun. It did its job well from that respect.
In terms of the franchise we get to see the speed with which the infection can spread and how a city could get taken down so quickly. Helps to give some background to the first movie (As an aside I think you could watch this one first or on its own without losing any major elements).

My recommendation; spend the money dude, its well worth it!

My niggles are below in super secret inviso-pen, don't read them if you actually want to see the movie...

Inviso-Pen ACTIVATE>>>>>>>

Niggle 1 - What I do know of the Apache Helicopter Gunship is that the main cannon is linked to the gunners eye. There is no way he would miss.

Niggle 2 - Why was the wife left unattended?!? and why did the husband have unfetted access around the entire base?!?

2 comments:

Jack Dee said...

Just got to see it and loved it ( in that sort of freaky Zombie apocalypse way )
first let me respond to yours then I’ll add my niggles.

Apache gunship verses 4 door station wagon does seem like a bit of an uneven fight but in movie world once they start chasing down Heroes the chain gun would automatically reset to "Villain mode". In this mode they can fire but only hit other baddies they will miss righteous characters by a few inches.
Same deal with the snipers.

Why does the main dude ( Robbie Carlyle ) have the super useful plot device Access All Areas card ? Because he Was a janitor, the General isn’t going to clean up his own apartment, neither will anybody else, lazy bloody Americans.

My own little Niggles

Once the dude is in the sealed room and snogs his semi-Zombie wife wouldn’t the door close automatically and once he is Rage-Zombified how the hell does he get out ?

The scene in the subway tunnels very spooky with the eyes all weird but night vision scopes don’t work like that. They are passive night scopes amplifying existing light and underground they wont have any light to work with. Active infra red illumination might do the trick but I don’t think they would be equipped to that sort of rifle.

anything else ?

BubbaJay said...

One more niggle, to be honest a sniper that doesn't want to shoot people...
Its like a Frenchman who doesn't want to surrender.