To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Thoughts from the Competition and Ageing

I noticed that an earlier post bore a striking resemblance to the posts of my other team mates. So in the interest of diversity I'm posting some observations and memories;
  • I was REALLY impressed with the way the team fell into place. Everybody pulled together to do the best job they could.
  • The writing exercises that Seraph and I worked on coming into the competition really helped. It was great to see how quickly we could turn out a working script.
  • It was really funny to see myself on screen, I was surprised to see the facial expressions (even though I know how late in the day the shooting took place)
  • I would not attempt to do this again without a Mac.
  • The feeling of relaxation once Seraph handed me the Safety Copy for delivery to the 48 Hours HQ on the Sunday.
  • Viv and myself drinking a beer, upstairs at the Bowls club getting a sales pitch from the grounds keeper as to the benefits of a social membership ($20 and you can bowl any time after 5pm on a week night).
  • Despite the late time of my arrival in Wellington, being met by a half asleep Seraph
  • Borrowing a guitar at one of the practice rooms at the school and jamming with one of the kids from the brass band competition.
All that fun and it was my birthday yesterday!!

No comments: