To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

BuffMan

Thought I'd give y'all an update on my gym goings on.
I've be hitting the weights for about 10 months now (usually 3 times a week at lunch time) and I have to say its been a great thing to do.
The whole going to the gym started from a back injury I gave myself last Christmas. I had been drinking like a fish and eating like a pig (which is not imply that pigs are no less renowned for their drinking than fish - but you get the point). According to the bathroom scales I was clipping 80kg and had a stomach, that was well fat.
Anyhow, I figured one morning I should do something about it all and began doing push ups and sit ups. Then I fucked my back up.
Added to all this my wife had begun her health kick and was looking fantastic!! I really needed to pick my game up.

With my back fucked up my posture was going to shit and I had less and less energy, but I was still eating the same crap. So I was gaining more weight because I was doing less, because I had less energy, because I was carrying so much surplus weight.
I made the decision to go to the gym and it has been a good decision.

But it hasn't just been about the gym, at the same time I radically changed my diet. Bread, potatoes and heavily fried food - OUT. Good quality vegetables, gluten free stuff and sensible sized serves - IN.
So in other words - regular exercise and a balanced diet = a fit and healthy BubbaJay.
I would make the point to differentiate between 'fitness' and 'healthy'. In so far as you don't get both from doing only one of them. Dropping potatoes and bread where a hard thing to do, but I tell you what, I was carrying a lot of bloat that cleared up after a couple of weeks.
Try it for yourself, if you don't believe me.


Anyway, this is not just the rambling of a fit and healthy man, science types also agree [LINK]

No comments: