To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Take it off!!

I love food, as regular readers will know.
Some people like food, they way they like music (eg Coldplay, any U2 album NOT produced by Brian Eno and Rob Thomas) . By which I mean cardboard and fancy free range French cardboard will taste about the same to them. They have a narrow range of flavour and sensations and have aspirations of only slightly broadening their pallette depending on which News Corp or Fairfax media outlet they preffer to tell them what to do and think.

I love food. I agree with a passion with Brillat Savarin that a the discovery of a new flavour brings greater joy to mankind than the discovery of a new star. Replace the word 'mankind' with 'my tummy' and we are entirely of one mind. In fact definately replace those words because I hate being hungry, ordering a food favourite, only to be told that some cardboard loving-Coldplay listening-drone has eaten the last one.

I love food, but as I get older my ability to expend the delicious food energy I consume becomes challanged. Especially over Christmas, with its barbies, beer and chips and rich flavoursome meals 3 (and somestimes 4) times a day. Recently I showed some friends a picture of me 20 something years ago and we all laughed at the curly haired youth with the Pixies t-shirt. That person was about 25kgs lighter than I am now.
Some people might be upset y such a difference, I am thrilled. Growing up I was pale, skinny and nerdy. Nowadays I've filled out (still nerdy) and I am happy about that. The difference is I now have to watch what I eat and exercise regularly to combat the sedentary lifestyle of working in an office.
Awesome dosen't just happen people!

After this Christmas I gained 4 kgs, so I am on my second diet ever. Cutting back on sugary foods, processed foods and fried foods (includes beer). As I've stated previously, I love food. My challange, and I am meeting it, is to cook wonderful food from good ingrediants that meet my dietry requirements. Thankfully its easier than you think.

Hope all you Bubba's are off to a good healthy and fit start to the New Year!! Will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: