To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Monday, January 04, 2010

Off to a good start

Welcome to 2010 Bubba's!! Who'd have thunk it. 2010 sounds (or sounded) so very futuristic. A pity then we don't have spaceships and moon bases yet. I'm only slightly encouraged by the current PM's funding of the Australian space industry. So probably highly likely we won't see such sights any time soon.

On the other hand we do have a lovelly baby girl who is getting bigger and prettier by the day. My lovelly little girl is also a seasoned traveller who handled a trip to Sydney with ease and a car ride to Canberra without complaints.

Which reminds me, as part of my ongoing and irregular rant about pub food, I would like to thoroughly recommend the kitchen at the Mittagong Hotel (in Mittagong, NSW) for their excellent Chicken Schnitzel and Lambs Fry and Bacon. I'll let you gentle Bubba's decide for yourselves who had what. Both dishes were superb, the chicken was wonderfully dry on the outside yet tender within and the Lambs Fry was frankly as perfect a dish as I would have liked it to have been.

So I recommend with extreme pleasure the Mittagong Hotel. Know this as well, the Mittagong Hotel also serves Catalan style Tapas and the dinning area is festooned with gorgeous flags from the Catalan region. Not bad for country-regional pub.

The Mittagong Hotel gets multiple well feed Ninja Stars of approval: ************

No comments: