To Know Me Is To Love Me...

My photo
Suave raconteur and dinner party favourite. Once held the Olympic torch, has delivered newspapers to prime ministers, shaken hands with Prince Charles, wrecked Jason Donovan's skateboard, climbed 300 metre granite cliff faces, surfed with dolphins, appears on community radio and is in demand for these and the accounts of other thrilling exploits!

Friday, February 15, 2008

A good place to start.

I get people ask me all the time where I get my music for my World Music show. Well one of the best sources is the Putumayo record label.
They support a fantastic selection of musicians and in return we get a wonderful sampler of music we just wouldn't find otherwise.
This is my current favourite album from Putumayo




Lots of great funky tracks from North Africa. I hope one day to be able to follow the Paris to Dakar rally, and these tracks really put me in the mood!
Hope you try them out sometime.

No comments: